Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated the 8th June 2011
Subject:- Promotion of Personal Assistant (PA) of CSSS to the Private Secretary (PS) Grade of CSSS on ad-hoc basis- reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even No. dated 31.3.2011 & 13.4.2011 on the subject mentioned above.
2. All the Cadre Units were requested to promote the eligible PAs within the zone prescribed to the Grade of Private Secretary on adhoc basis to the extent of number of vacancies allocated to their Cadre Units as indicated in Annexure-I of this Department OM of even number dated 31.3.2011 and 13.4.2011. The Cadre Units were also requested to forward the recommendations of the DPC in respect of the remaining eligible PAs in the prescribed zone, who are clear from vigilance angle and cannot be promoted within the Cadre Unit due to lack of vacancies , to this Division while retaining the officials with the least incumbency.
3. Accordingly, based on the information received so far from the Cadre Units, the Competent Authority has decided to nominate the PAs whose names are given in the Annexure-I to this OM and post them to the Cadre Units indicated against their names for their promotion to the Grade of PS of CSSS on adhoc basis after having been found ‘fit’ by the DPC and clear from vigilance angle.
4. The ad-hoc appointment of these officials shall take effect from the date they assume charge of the post of PS in the respective Cadre Units. The ad-hoc appointment shall not confer on the appointees any right to continue in the grade indefinitely or for inclusion in the Select List of PS for regular appointment or to claim seniority in the PS Grade of CSSS.The period of adhoc promotion would be upto 30.9.2011 or till the regular Private Secretaries become available, whichever is earlier.
5. It is also noted that in some Cadres Units like MHA, eligible PAs with maximum incumbency have been promoted and retained within the Cadres Units and the names of eligible PAs with minimum incumbency have been furnished to this Department for their allocation to other Cadres Units which is not in conformity with this Department OM of even number dated 13.4.2011 ibid. It has, therefore, been decided to transfer such adhoc Private Secretaries from the Cadre Units concerned to the Cadre Units indicated against their names given in the Annexure II. Accordingly, MHA is requested to
1) relieve the transferred adhoc Private Secretaries as shown in the Annexure —II of their duties to join the cadre concerned immediately under intimation to this Department.
2) The remaining PA’s with minimum incumbency may be promoted to the grade PS of CSSS on adhoc basis . A copy of their promotion orders may be forwarded to this Department immediately.
6. The Cadre units are also requested that all the PAs who have been nominated to other cadre on their adhoc promotion to the Grade of PS of CSSS may be relieved immediately. A copy of the relieving/promotion Orders issued by Cadres concerned may be forwarded to this Department immediately.
Under Secretary to the Government of India