Government of India Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Implementation Cell Payment of second instalment of arrears on account ofimplementation of Sixth Central Pay Commission'srecommendations. As communicated vide this Department's Resolution No.2008-ICdated 29th August, 2008, the Government had decided that the arrears onaccount of implementation of Sixth Central Pay Commission's recommendationswill be paid in cash in two instalments - first instalment of 40% during the year2008-09 and the remaining 60% in the financial year 2009-10. The first instalmentbas already been paid in 2008-09. It has now been decided that the remaining60% of arrears may now be paid to the concerned Government servants.
2. Further, as already stipulated vide this Department's O.M. No.1(2)/ EV/2008 dated 17th August, 2009, in the case of post-01.01.2004 entrantsinto the Central Government, the second instalment of arrears may be releasedonly after individual application forms for registration to the New PensionScheme have been obtained by the DDO/PAO from the concerned Government servant.
3. As in the case of the first instalment of arrears, Government servants willbe permitted to deposit their arrears in their GPF Accounts. Though notmandated, Government servants are encouraged to deposit their arrears in their GPF accounts.
( ALOK SAXENA)