60% ARREARS FOR PENSIONERS IN 2009-2010

Clarification Regarding Payment Of 60% Arrears On revision of pension

          The office of PCDA(pensions) issued a important circular regarding the payment of 60% arrears on revision of pension.

            In accordance with instruction. Contained in para-10 of GOI, Ministry of P&PG and Pension, Deptt. Of P&PW O.M. F. No. 38/37/08- P&PW (A) dated 1st September.2008, 40% of arrears of Pension (up to August 2008) were to be paid in the year-2008-2009 and the remaining 60% in the year 2009-2010. 
         In response to a number of representations/references seeking clarification in regard to payment of remaining 60% arrears of pension/family pension to old pensioners/family pensioners and to family members of those pensioners family pensioners who have since died, Department of pension & Pensioners’ Welfare have issued clarification vide their O.M. No. 38/37/08-P&PW (A) dated 12th February 2009, a copy of which is enclosed for information and guidance of all Pension Disbursing Authorities.

 2. As per clarification laid down in above Govt. O.M., no change is required to be made in the instructions already issued and payment of remaining 60% of arrears of pension/family pension for the period from 01-01-2006 to 31-08-2008 in respect of all pensioners/family pensioners who retired/died up to 31-08-2008 will be made in the year 2009-2010.

MORE TRAINING NEEDED

Existing Skills Would Be Outdated Within Five Years Nine out of 10 Indian employees in an international workplace survey said they feared that their current skills would be outdated within five years and felt that more training was vital to remain competitive in the job market. The survey, conducted by global workforce solution provider Kelly Services comprising 100,000 people across the globe, including 5,000 from India, revealed that one third of the respondents believed that the training currently provided by their employers will not suffice to meet their future career needs. Baby Boomers (aged 48-65) are most worried about the level of training they receive with 43 per cent stating that the same was not sufficient to upgrade skills and advance their careers, the survey indicated. Ninety per cent of Gen Y (18-29) and Gen X (30-47) said that within the next five years their skills will need to be upgraded to keep pace with changes in workplace. Sixty nine of the respondents said that training should be a joint responsibility between an employer and employee. The preference of those surveyed is for on-the-job training (52 per cent), followed by professional development courses (33 per cent), self-initiated learnig (13 per cent) and formal or college education qualification (3 per cent). "The current economic environment has made people well aware of their skills and whether they will be sufficient to see through the recession and beyond, into a period of economic recovery", said Dhrirent Shantilal, Senior VP, Asia Pacific. source:The Economic Times

Recent Posts

Popular Posts