Child Care Leave-clarification DOP&T issued a clarification regarding child care leave. With reference to Para l(c) of this Department's O.M. of even number dated 11th September, 2008 according to which Child Care Leave can be granted to women employees having minor children below the age of 18 years, for a maximum period of 2 Years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service, for taking care of up to two children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like examination, sickness etc. The question as to whether child care leave would be admissible for the third child below the age of 18 years and the procedure for grant of child care leave have been under consideration in this Department, and it has now been decided as follows:- (i)Child care leave shall be admissible for two eldest surviving children only. (ii) The leave account for child care leave shall be maintained in the proforma enclosed, and it shall be kept along with the Service Book of the Government servant concerned.


Children Education Allowance- Clarification Subsequent to issue of DOP&T OM No. 12011/3/2008-Estt(Allowance) dated 2nd Sept, 2008 allowing Children Education Allowance / Hostel Subsidy, clarifications on certain points have been sought by Govt. servants / Ministries / Departments.The doubts raised by various authorities are clarified as under: 1."Year" means academic year i.e. twelve months of complete academic session. 2.The amount of reimbursement of Children Education Allowance may be calculated on prorata basis @ maximum of Rs. 1000 per month per child w.e.f. 1st September, 2008. 3.In cases where minimum qualifications for admission in the two years Diploma course in Polytechnic is 10th class and the student joins the polytechnic after passing 10th class, the reimbursement of tuition fees shall also be allowed for the 1st and 2nd year classes of the above course. 4.Restriction of classes Nursery to class Twelfth as applicable for Children Education Allowance is also applicable for drawing hostel subsidy. 5.The Children Education Allowance is admissible, if the number of children exceeds two as a result of second child birth resulting in twins or multiple births.6.The Children Education Allowance shall be admissible to a Govt. servant while he/she is on duty or is under suspension or is on leave (including extra ordinary leave) More informations click the link:

Recent Posts

Popular Posts